Synthesis, Characterization and Enhanced Photocatalytic Activity of Iron Oxide/Carbon Nanotube/Ag-doped TiO2 Nanocomposites
Marques Neto, José O., Bellato, Carlos R., Souza, Carlos H. F. de, Silva, Renê C. da, Rocha, Pablo A.
J. Braz. Chem. Soc.
DATA DE PUBLICAÇÃO
A novel magnetically recoverable catalyst (Fe/MWCNT/TiO2-Ag) was prepared in this study by a process that involves few steps. Titanium dioxide doped with silver and iron oxide was deposited on support of multi-walled carbon nanotubes (MWCNT). The synthesized catalysts were characterized by inductively coupled plasma mass spectrometry (ICP-MS), N2 adsorption/desorption, X-ray diffraction (XRD), scanning electron microscopy (SEM), energy dispersive spectrometry (EDS), infrared spectroscopy (IR) and UV-Vis diffuse reflectance spectra (DRS). Phenol in aqueous solution (50 mg L-1) was used as a model compound for evaluation of UV-Vis (filter cut off for l > 300 nm) photocatalytic activity. The composite catalyst has a high photocatalytic activity, destroying ca. 100% of phenol and removing 85% of total organic carbon in an aqueous solution after 180 min. The Fe/MWCNT/TiO2-Ag catalyst remained stable, presenting an 8% decrease in phenol degradation efficiency after ten consecutive photocatalytic cycles.
- Synthesis, Characterization, and Photocatalytic Activity of Pure and N-, B-, or Ag- Doped TiO2
- Synthesis, Characterization, and Synergic Photocatalytic Activity of Amorphous TiO2/Chitosan Carbon Microspheres
- Photocatalytic Activity and RNO Dye Degradation of Nitrogen-doped TiO2 Prepared by Ionothermal Synthesis
- Synthesis, Characterization and Photocatalytic Activity of Au/[email protected] Core-Shell Microspheres
- Enhanced photocatalytic activity of TiO2 films by modification with polyethylene glycol