EXPERIMENTO COM ABACATE, BORRA DE CAFÉ, LICURI E LEITE DE COCO PARA EXTRAÇÃO DE ÓLEO, PRODUÇÃO DE BIODIESEL E ANÁLISE ESPECTRAL
Cunha, Silvio, Rodrigues, Marina Costa, Mattos, Rosiene Reis, Teixeira, Leonardo Sena Gomes, Santos, Airam Oliveira, Santos, Elaine V., Souza, Rauan S., Andrade, Givaldo dos Santos, Paula, Rodrigo De, Jesus, Djane S. de
DATA DE PUBLICAÇÃO
An undergraduate organic chemistry experiment for oil extraction and biodiesel production using alternative biomass was developed, whereby oils of avocado, coconut and spent coffee grounds were obtained and submitted to transesterification reaction with CH3OH under NaOH catalysis. Avocado and coffee oils were obtained by typical extraction and coconut oil was obtained through water evaporation of coconut milk in a domestic microwave oven. The commercial oil of licuri (Syagrus coronate), a Brazilian native biomass, was also converted to biodiesel. All four oils and four biodiesels were characterized by 1H-NMR and FTIR, and a comparative study of these spectra reveled that FTIR analyses alone provides enough information to discriminate between oil and biodiesel and confirm transesterification reaction. Besides, the unsaturation degree of all oils was determined by 1H-NMR. A mechanistic proposal concerning the role of NaOH catalysis is presented, excluding the sodium methoxide formation.
- Extração dos óleos de café verde e da borra com etanol comercial.
- Análise das propriedades físico-químicas e estudo da estabilidade térmica do óleo, biodiesel e da mistura b10 de diesel com biodiesel de algodão.
- Produção e composição química do leite de cabras mestiças Moxotó sob suplementação com óleo de licuri ou de mamona.
- Produção e composição química do leite de cabras mestiças Moxotó sob suplementação com óleo de licuri ou de mamona
- Produção de biodiesel a partir de óleo de coco (Cocos nucifera L