Activity of a nitrofurazone matrix urinary catheter against catheter-associated uropathogens.
Johnson, J R
Nitrofurazone-coated urinary catheter segments inhibited 51 (75%) of 70 urinary bacterial isolates from patients with indwelling catheters. Inhibition zones correlated significantly with the nitrofurazone MIC (r2 = 0.79, P = 0.0001). All strains except the Pseudomonas spp. were inhibited by < or = 64 micrograms of nitrofurazone per ml. MICs of nitrofurazone and nitrofurantoin correlated significantly (r2 = 0.93, P = 0.0001).
ACESSO AO ARTIGOhttp://www.pubmedcentral.nih.gov/articlerender.fcgi?artid=188118
- Activities of a Nitrofurazone-Containing Urinary Catheter and a Silver Hydrogel Catheter against Multidrug-Resistant Bacteria Characteristic of Catheter-Associated Urinary Tract Infection
- Catheter-associated urinary infection in kidney post-transplant patients
- Antimicrobial Prophylaxis for Catheter-Associated Bacteriuria
- Quantitative blood cultures for catheter-associated infections.
- Stomatococcus mucilaginosus catheter-associated infection with septicemia.